Many opportunities do NOT involve sitting in meetings!
There are many ways in which our community members--youth, prevention colleagues and others--can take action to support DanversCARES. Many opportunities do NOT involve sitting in meetings! We invite each of you to take one action this month to support our community prevention cause.5-20 minutes or less
Spread the word: Tell a friend about DanversCARES, our mission to create a healthy Danvers, and our work to support youth and families.
Give us your opinion: Like the computer? Respond to one of our community blogs. Tell us your opinion or post local information on our sites.
Advocacy: Respond to one of our advocacy alerts by e-mailing your local representative or senator on a bill that supports prevention.
Letter to the editor: Check out our pressroom links. Write a letter to the editor of the local paper to express your support of a community, state or national prevention effort.
- Put DanversCARES on your organization’s guest speaker’s agenda
- Attend a monthly coalition meeting
- Participate in a Special Project
- Attend a DanversCARES event like the Parent Enrichment Series
- Volunteer at a community event on behalf of DanversCARES
- Chaperone a youth-led DanversCARES community service project
- Provide meeting space for Danvers youth leaders or project teams
- Participate in a DanversCARES student leadership group. We have tons of fun projects for everyone
- Take a training to build your organization’s capacity to take part in preventing underage drinking, or to support employees in workplace prevention efforts
- Review your family or workplace policies for rules regarding use of substances. Are they clear? Are consequences delineated? Are support and resources identified?
Got other volunteer ideas? Tell us on our blog page.